Doing something like Keto Chow in a hotel room presents some interesting issues. I’ve done another “soylent” in hotels before and Keto Chow while camping.
I’m using a couple tools to make this all work in my hotel room.
- A refrigerator. Doesn’t come standard in the room though a quick call to the front desk and it’s happily chilling out.
- Shelf stable cream, specifically the Trader Joe’s brand. While it’s not the same fat content as the Heavy Cream I normally use, this travels well and you don’t have to worry about it. It comes in smallish 8 ounce containers and plugging the nutrition information from the package into the Recipe Editor on diy.soylent.me it says that I need to use all 236ml per day to get 1400 calories. This works out to 78ml per meal. So I open a box, split it 3 ways and I’m done with that box.
- I brought along two of the 18oz Hydro Flask insulated containers. These should keep lunch nicely chilled all day.
- I brought along a bottle brush and dish soap. You have to scrub out the hydro flasks (and blender bottles).
- I have 3 blender bottles. I’m going to mix in these and transfer 1 or 2 meals into the hydro flasks as needed.
- I stopped and grabbed a bottle of liquid coconut oil since my containers of MCT oil are the massive 64 ounce ones.
- Scale, measuring cups, a bowl to measure into and some fish oil pills.
Anyhow, should be interesting to see how it all works out. I have classes tomorrow and the included breakfast is bagels and pastries. No way am I eating that junk. Going to bring along my Keto Chow and if I’m lucky there will be a cheese tray during lunch.