- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp mayo this helps make donuts moist
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's Special Dark
- 1 serving Chocolate Mint Keto Chow (or 1 scoop)
- 3/4 cup sugar-free sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp beef gelatin
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT GANACHE
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- silicone donut mold (optional - if using a donut mold from a different material, you may need to grease them before putting the mixture in)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a blender, standing mixer, or food processor, add coconut oil, mayo, vanilla, peppermint extract, and eggs together. Mix very well.
- Add the heavy whipping cream.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients until there are no clumps. Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, making sure it's all incorporated.
- Once your mixture is mixed, it is ready to be divided. Place your mixture into your donut mold. I made six donuts, though you could just as easily have seven from mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- To prepare your ganache, warm your heavy whipping cream in a saucepan with the sweetener until the sweetener dissolves. Then add your chocolate chips and let them melt. Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the peppermint extract.
- Take your donuts and dip the tops into the ganache to coat them. Add toppings, if desired, right away before the ganache sets.
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to one week.