Keto Angel Food Cake
- angel food cake pan
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 serving Vanilla Keto Chow
- 1/3 cup confectioner's erythritol
- 10 egg whites or 1 1/2 + 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line the bottom of a 9.5 x 4 inch angel food cake pan with parchment paper.* Do not grease the pan.
- Sift the almond flour into a medium mixing bowl. Discard any remaining almond flour in the sieve—do not push it through. Then sift in the coconut flour, Keto Chow and confectioner’s erythritol. (You can push these through the sieve if needed.)
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the egg whites, extracts, and cream of tartar. Whip on high speed to soft peaks. Leave the mixer running and add in the granulated erythritol a little at a time, waiting 30 seconds after each addition. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold in half of the flour mixture, then add the second half. Fold and stir until fully incorporated.
- Gently spread into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and turn upside down to cool.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, run a butter knife around the edges to remove it from the pan and then turn over onto a plate.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries!