- 2 servings Chocolate Mint Keto Chow
- 1 cup fine almond flour 3 oz.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. chocolate extract optional
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
- piping bag and tip
- 12 cup standard muffin tin
- paper liners
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line the muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
- Sift the Keto Chow, almond flour, cocoa powder, erythritol, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then mix in the avocado oil, almond milk, and chocolate extract if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups with the batter. The batter will be very thick. Smooth it into the cups and make a slight indentation in the center of each one. (Do not indent if you are baking at a high altitude.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean and the center springs back when lightly touched. Let the cupcakes cool.
- To make the chocolate layer, heat the cream and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, in 30-second bursts until the cream is very hot, and the chocolate is beginning to melt.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely mixed with the cream and it’s smooth and glossy.
- When the chocolate is cool but still pourable, spoon about a tablespoon into the center of each cooled cupcake.
- Chill the cupcakes to set the chocolate.
- To make the frosting, whip the butter in a large mixing bowl until it is lighter in color and about double in volume.
- Add the erythritol, mint, and food coloring. Begin beating on low speed until all the erythritol is incorporated, then raise the speed to high and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large tip and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Store cupcakes in the refrigerator for up to five days or, in the freezer for up to three months.