- 1 cup Orange Cream Keto Chow
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar style granulated sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 small carrot (about 4 ounces) finely grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 recipe Creamy Orange Frosting optional
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease very well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Orange Cream Keto Chow, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sweetener, eggs, almond milk, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and orange extract. Whisk well until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients and stir them together with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Distribute any remaining batter as evenly as possible among the cups.
- Bake in the preheated 350F oven on a center rack until the cupcakes are golden, spring back slightly when gently touched and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Approximately thirty minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack and cool for about 15 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tin, place directly on the cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- When they are completely cool, frost them with Creamy Orange Frosting and decorate to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
- These are also great without the frosting as muffins. Toast them and slather with butter for a special breakfast treat.
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography