Tea Cakes with Sesame
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 serving Snickerdoodle Keto Chow
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup sesame tahini*
- 2/3 cup sugar-free honey replacer or caramel syrup
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the sesame seeds in a small pie plate or shallow bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, Keto Chow, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sesame tahini and sugar-free syrup. Mix in the egg.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
- Scoop about two Tbsp. of dough (a #40 ice cream scoop works perfectly) and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball of dough in the sesame seed dish to coat it. Set it on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand.
- Continue with the rest of the dough, spacing the balls at least an inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for ten minutes, or until they are slightly puffed and golden on the bottom. Transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.