- 1 pint strawberries rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Electric mixer
- 15" X 10" jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Clean dry kitchen towel
- Line the jelly roll pan with parchment paper and lightly oil the parchment paper
- To toast the coconut spread it out on an ungreased pan and bake in the oven at 325 until it begins to turn golden and smells fragrant. About 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sweetener until the color is light yellow and ribbons form when the beaters go through. Add the food coloring and mix in if using now.
- In a separate bowl with very clean beaters whip the egg whites until they begin to foam, sprinkle in the sweetener and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture to lighten it. Then gently fold in the remaining egg whites until they are almost completely combined. Being careful to retain as much air in the egg whites as possible.
- Mix together the Keto Chow, coconut flour, gelatin, and baking powder and sprinkle them over the egg mixture. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the eggs.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter onto the prepared jelly roll pan and even it out as much as possible its ok if it looks a little bumpy.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the cake is set, slightly golden around the edges but still tender and soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile sift a layer of powdered sweetener on a clean, dry kitchen towel.
- When it’s cool enough to touch carefully turn the cake over onto the towel and remove the pan.
- Gently peel the parchment paper away from the cake and using the towel roll the cake up the long way, with the cake rolled inside.
- Leave the cake rolled up in the towel to cool completely while you make the filling.
- Slice the strawberries into thin slices
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Unroll the cake and spread it with the whipped cream leaving about 1/2 inch of plain cake around the edges.
- Lay the strawberry slices over the whipped cream, and sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Gently reroll the cake. Using the towel to help hold it. Make sure not to roll the towel inside again.
- Place the cake on a platter and garnish with more whipped cream, strawberries, coconut, and powdered sweetener if desired.