A portobello mushroom cap makes a light and savory vehicle for the creamy chicken, spinach and artichoke sauce. Omit the cooked chicken and this is a perfect vegetarian entrée.
- 4large portobello mushroomscleaned & stems removed
- saltto taste
- ground black pepperto taste
- olive oil
- 2tbspunsalted butter
- 2tspitalian seasoning
- 8ozbaby spinachwashed and dried
- 1/2cup canned artichoke heartsor frozen, drained and chopped
- 4ozcooked chickenshredded or diced
- 1/4cupheavy cream
- 1/3cupunsweetened almond milk
- 1scoopSavory Chicken Soup Keto Chow
- 1/4cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4tspgrated parmesan cheese
- 2tsplemon juice
- 1/4tspground black pepper
- 1/2cupmozzarella cheeseshredded
Preheat the broiler and line a sheet pan with tin foil (parchment paper will burn and could catch fire under the broiler)
Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, splash a little olive oil on the mushrooms
Place the mushrooms on the pan and broil until they begin to soften and release some juices, about ten minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and set them aside while you make the sauce
Melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium heat when it’s beginning to bubble add the garlic and Italian seasoning
Cook the garlic until it is golden and fragrant
Add the spinach and cook, stirring until the spinach has all wilted and most of the water has cooked off.
Add the artichokes and chicken and heat through.
Mix the keto chow with the heavy cream, and milk stir it into the skillet
Stir until the mixture is heated through and everything is combined.
Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and lemon juice, taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if desired
Sprinkle one teaspoon of the reserved parmesan cheese on each mushroom and then top them with a quarter of the sauce – about a 1/2 cup each
Top each one with mozzarella cheese and return them to the broiler. Broil until the cheese is browned and they are heated through about ten more minutes.
Try serving them with a green salad for a delicious summer meal.
Photos by Sarah DeYoung23.32
Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Portobello Pizzas
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.