With the release of our recent e-book, the PSMF Guide, where we spotlight some incredible PSMF recipes courtesy of Maria Emmerich (cookbook author extraordinaire), we wanted to provide you with a resource roundup that you can use if you choose to try PSMF and incorporate it into your keto plan.
References and information articles
- “What is the PSMF Diet?” from Ketogenic Woman about how to do PSMF safely, along with practical tips about how to incorporate it.
- “The Beginner’s Guide to a Protein-Sparing Modified Fast” from dietvsdisease.org; it gives readers a rundown on what it is, how it compares to keto, and more.
- Not to brag, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the fantastic articles we have to get you started! You can check out our article about reasons you may choose to incorporate PSMF, from a nutritionist’s perspective, or our article in which Chris breaks down what your macros may look like on PSMF, how to make it work for you, and more.
- Check out Maria Emmerich’s video where she and her husband, Craig, talk about what PSMF is.
- Thomas DeLauer’s video on the potential benefits of PSMF. (That one should be pretty self-explanatory. Plus, you can never go wrong with Thomas DeLauer!)
Food and recipes
- Maria Emmerich has TONS of amazing PSMF recipes, from main dishes to desserts. The recipes that we feature in the PSMF Guide are just a tiny taste of the delish that she whips up on a regular basis!
- Ketogenic Woman has some PSMF recipes, including cinnamon rolls and turkey burgers. (Yum!)
- Try some of our PSMF recipes like our Sweet Cinnamon Crepes, using our Egg White Protein. (Pro tip: it’s incredibly useful to have on hand for PSMF days! It adds extra protein without adding fat, and is super versatile, making baked goods possible while still sticking to your macros.)
Feel free to share your favorite resources in the comments! Remember that PSMF is not designed to be used exclusively for long periods of time. It’s important to consult your healthcare provider about what is right for you. Nothing in life is “one size fits all”–including the way you eat! And don’t forget to download your free copy of the PSMF Guide.